Wednesday 25 August 2010


apologise be sorry

Hi, all.

I've just rediscovered ¡Forward, Russia! and am very happy about it. I have also just eaten some vegetarian lasagne prepared by my new housemate and am now blogging while aforementioned housemate and his friend are playing Mario Kart on N64. It's been a while since I've blogged so I'd just like to say that things are generally good right now. I feel relaxed although apparently I'm not, because I've had 2 bouts of sleep paralysis (AGH!) and a migraine in the last 3 days.

I think I've identified why though - the triggers for the former are stress, change of environment / lifestyle and sleep deprivation, which basically describes my life at the moment. I'm still traveling between London and Leeds, living in the latter and commuting to work on the weekends. It's a bit stressful.

On a side note, sleep paralysis is the shittest thing ever. For those of you who don't know about it it's when your mind wakes up from deep sleep but your body doesn't, so if you try to move your unwilling sleeping body, you can't. I imagine being paralysed isn't ever fun, but it's probably even less so when you've just woken up, and were able-bodied when you went to sleep. Thankfully it passes fairly quickly though.

The second bout of sleep paralysis was combined with a nightmare: I "woke up" (facing the wall), couldn't move, and "heard" someone enter and walk across my room, then "felt" them climb onto my bed before waking up properly. The words in inverted commas are so because obviously I wasn't awake and didn't hear / feel anything, but sometimes sleep paralysis can mix with nightmares and make it feel like you're actually awake, which also sucks. I feel I haven't explained that very well but oh well.

Anyway, moaning over! (It wasn't supposed to sound so moany, reading back on it.)

Leeds house is awesome. There's only 1/7 of us living here permanently so far, with me living here on weekdays, 4/7 floating in and out and the remaining 1/7th who hasn't seen it yet. The atmosphere is good, we found a pub sign in the basement and adapted it hilariously, and are planning to stick it to the front of the house somehow. Probably with an elaborate system of ropes and pullies. It says "The Knowle & Strumpet". Lol.

I'm going to post this now, although it's not finished. Hopefully I'll add to it later but I make no guarantees as my internet access at the moment is sporadic at best.

Bai!

1 comment:

  1. haha really like the sign idea. Wanna see a pic of the house with the sign!

    ReplyDelete