Sunday 24 January 2010


dreams of soda jerks

Didn't get out of bed 'til just after 15:00 today, which isn't good. I feel like much more of a student here at Keele than I did at Toronto: less sleep, more time between showers and no studying so far.

But I'd like to tell you about a dream I had last night. It was one of the most vivid I can recall, which seems unjust considering the subject matter: for the duration I was at the counter of a generic coffee shop deciding upon and placing my order. I can remember the cashier's face (no one I recognise), the design of the menu, most of the verbal exchange, and a couple of other arbitrary details; none of which interest me.

The order I settled on was a hot chocolate (large) with cream and cocoa sprinkles, a very small bottle of Coca-Cola (I remember asking the waitress for a "shot of Coke" to which she replied "that's illegal" (hilarious)) and a packet of Haribo Halloween jellies. I mean Yakult bottle sized (65ml) Coke when I say "mini", by the way.

I'm not really sure what to think of the dream. If it's a premonition; it's a crap one. If it's to be interpreted, I think the high specificity of things involved would limit the accuracy of interpretations. The only conclusion I can come to is that in-dream advertisement (as seen in Futurama) has become a reality, and this was one of Coca-Cola's prototypes. Although I searched around to see if any mini-Coke products are to be launched soon, but from what I can see they aren't.

Now for an interesting end note: I discovered the existence of the World of Coca-Cola while researching content for this post (the picture, really). It's in Atlanta, and is now on my list of things to do. You can taste 64 Coca-Cola products, see adverts and packaging from through the years, and receive a Coca-Cola bottle unique to the museum. Fun, eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment