Thursday 28 January 2010


welcome to the real world

Warning: Heavy post ahead! Let me lighten the mood with this picture of me dancing with Jorge:


Now, this blog might take a turn for the boring in the near future. Instead of the travel based posts of the last 6 or so months, I'll most likely be posting about jobs, looking for a job, working my job, earning money from my job and various other adult responsibilities that have been thrust my way.

I say thrust, it was my decision really.

A decision that I don't regret making, either.

Despite possible appearances, I have a plan, and I plan to execute it. I am hoping that the next 8 months (to the day) will allow me to develop as a person on different levels than I have recently, and spit me out as a stronger, more rounded individual. Although I say hope because it feels like there is a very real possibility that it could all go wrong and leave me in this exact same position (or possibly even regressed) at the end.

It's not unusual for me to be tentative, however. I had the exact same apprehensiveness about going to Toronto, and that turned out to be one of the best things I've ever done. Best because I made amazing friends there. Best because it fuelled my interest to see the world and allowed me to realise what I want to do with my life. Best because it allowed me to begin making the changes that are distressing me so much right now.

Whatever.

Considering the things that have happened recently, it would be worse if I wasn't slightly cautious of what could go wrong. The fact that I'm aware of it is a good thing in my opinion, but I can't (and WON'T) let my doubts consume me: I will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment